Sunday, June 17, 2007

In a Box

Today was another great day in the Northwest.

I learned a great lesson today from a small child. And it is lessons like this that makes the whole summer worth it.

I was sitting in on the 4th and 5th grade class at PUMP today and in the middle of class Lele remembers that he left his Bible downstairs. So Casey tells him that he can go get it from the living room. He comes back carrying his Bible in the small box that it came in. As he pulls it out, he shows me how his, "full name" (Leontrell) is branded on the front of the black leather in gold letters. He proceeds to ask for thelp finding the verse he missed while retreiving the Bible and then sits and meditates on it for a few minutes. He then closes the Bible and shows me the gold on the end of the pages and it so proud of what he is holding in his hands. When class is over, he asks ME to put the Bible back into the box, trusting me to "do it right so it doesnt get messed up."

After the food was eaten and the kids were gone, I sat down and thought about what had happeed in class.

I wish for myself that I will guard the word of God in my heart with a box and ask for help so that no one can, "mess it up". It has become harder for me in the past year to ask for help in protecting this precious thing and I hope that I can continue to rely on the few people that I hav trusted this past year with my deepest feelings and my inner struggles. I also pray that I will continue to realize that the most precious gift I can have is the word of Gosd, as it leads me through a life of ups and downs.


Thanks, Lele

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

Great story Sarah! Thanks for sharing it. I love how children give us such powerful lessons.

June 25, 2007 at 11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home