Wednesday, June 27, 2007

A Sad Goodbye

Nobody said that internships are stressless.

Good grief. PUMP VBS has been this week and its been fun, but been taking some time off of our work days. We are working on home visits this week to get to meet our kids and their parents before camp actually starts. Thats exciting! I have the going into 1st and 2nd graders this year and it looks like it is going to be about 20 kids. I'm pretty pumped about going with that grade group again, especially since ideally, that is what I want to teach when I grow up :)

I had to have a sad goodbye today to the VDK's. They are special people to me. Caiti Boo and her overwhelming laugh and bouncing girls was one of the major joys of myh life last summer and brought many more smiles just these past few weeks that I have been here. I will miss here alot.



Miss Tessa and her sweet heart and gentle spirit. She is such an amazing kid who also one of the most determined kids I have met. The time I spent with her has been such a blessing to me as she loved on me with no apprehension. Her tender heart makes her so special



Anna Banana is so strong willed and is so full of energy. It was sad to come back and see her so big, but when I held her in my arms today as I was forced to say goodbye, I realized that she is the same girl that I loved on all last summer.


Lori was such a huge part of my summer this year in just the few weeks that I have gotten to hang out with her. Below is a picture from our scarier than ever experience on a 30 foot high log that was nestled in between two trees. I love how there was no doubt in my mind about choosing her as a partner. I without a doubt trusted her with my life and its amazing to me how easy it was for me to do.



It is people like these that make me love PUMP and make me want to be closer to then after graduation. They show me the amazing thing that is fostering children in such a loving and spiritual place like PUMP. And the love they have showed me has been such a blessing to me.

I thank God for the VDK girls and their love for God and for me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home