Saturday, July 21, 2007

This past week was a really good one for me. The youth group that came this week was amazing and we were so lucky to have them again this year. The kids werent too hyper this week and that is always a plus for me, the counselor of the 1st and 2nd graders. The zoo field trip was a little more hectic than was comfortable, but I'm glad it was a challenge. There was not enough room on the bus, which force some of us into a van, as well. I have 5 little girls in my zoo group and loved every second of it. These kids teach me a lot about patience and a lot about loving kids who try to show that they don't need to be loved.

Outside time as been fun. I spent a night with the Whites, who are an absolutely amazing family. I enjoy every second I get to spend with them. And of course, their oldest daughter is a gift beyond words to me.

I got the chance to go to the Oregon coast yesterday with Kenli, Kams, and Erica. Kami and I decided to jump in and it was pretty darn cold, but well worth it to say that I have been in the water off the Oregon coast.

I actually just got back from a day in Seattle. It was great to go to a new place and see things that I have only heard about. It was also AH-mazing to spend a day with one of the few constant people in my life.


This coming week, we dont have a youth group, but only 7ish adults from Washington. Therefore, we are having to provide two VBS stations and two VBS assemblies, while trying to tame our kids :) So please send a few words up for the kids and for us. It is definitely going to be a testing week, but from last summer I remember those being the weeks that I held most dear.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

When are you coming over again? :-)

July 22, 2007 at 4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home