Sunday, July 29, 2007

We are about to start our last week of camp. I cannot believe it is almost over. I really cannot believe it is almost time for me to leave here.

The kids have been so wonderful this year, and it makes for less exciting stories when they just love on me and let me love on them back.

I remember when I filled out my application to come here. It seemed this summer that there were more reasons for me NOT to come than for me to come. I did fill out the application, obviously, and I am here again and though it has been a different journey for me this summer, I know it has been better than last summer. I know that I came for the right reasons this summer and I know that because of that, I have been moved more spiritually and emotionally by the events of the summer. I thank God for putting me here with the people that I am here with. And I am so gracious for all 15 of my first and second graders.

Life is going to go on in three weeks and I will start the down slide of my college career in about 4 weeks. Thoughts have been going through my head about what I have to accomplish in these next two years. It is overwhelming, but I am very excited about living on my own, hopefully in a different state than Texas and finding out who I am on my own.

Thats not really related to my internship, but these next two years and phasing into adulthood has been weighing on my heart lately.

Here are some pictures from Portland...



I love this little girl a lot. She was one of the huge reasons I decided to come back this summer.



Little Bryan




my zoo girls



Cheronn and Me after one of our fun nights



One of my returning campers, T'yonna Thomas-Pinney



Me and Casey Nell

I'll post more later, but I am about to hit the hay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home